Friday, February 17, 2012

5th grade, 2/16

Yesterday, I subbed in a 5th grade classroom. It was a repeat appearance, and the group is a ton of fun. I had some of their siblings last year, so it's an interesting experience. Makes me miss my kids from last year.

During reading, the story mentioned someone saying "don't fall in" to a river. I'm sure you can imagine the response that got...

During math, the kids were working on a coordinate graph project, and it was ok for them to be talking quietly as they worked. One of the kids told me "if my aunt was the sub, no one would be talking." I thought perhaps he was saying I'm not a good sub, allowing the kids to talk. So I asked, "oh, so your aunt is a teacher, huh?" he replied,

"No, she's just really grouchy."

Gotta love it.

- Ms. J

No comments:

Post a Comment