Friday, May 18, 2012

Aww, they're really great kids

My class cracks me up so much sometimes. Lately, they walk right up to me while I am teaching, and interrupt me. I keep telling them to stop, but they don't. So today, I said "I need a big sign that I can hold up that says 'don't talk to me.'"
I got a ton of signs, handmade by students. One says "don't talk to me." Another says "go away, techer werking." And yet another says "be qiet please."

Ahhh second graders. Gotta love em.

I caught myself going old school yesterday. I was asking a boy why he did something, and he said that someone told him to. Guess what I said?? "if he told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it??" my teaching partner happened to stick his head in the room right then, and said, "yes, he would." I cracked up - there went the discipline-minded moment there!

My students already have me figured out... A girl saw my coffee on my desk today, and said "oh good, you have coffee today - you'll be happy today!"
-Ms. J

No comments:

Post a Comment