Thursday, November 15, 2012

Drama, a Bad Sub, and Mrs.

Ahh drama. The one thing I don't miss about teaching long term assignments. My fifth graders are very much into drama - boy/girl stuff and friend stuff and fun things like that. I have to keep a very watchful eye at recess and during transitions in class.

Last week I was out of town and had a sub for two days. I came back to a classroom that was totally trashed. It was a mess, and that drives me crazy. She also left me one page of notes which gave me no knowledge of what actually happened.

I guess I have high expectations when it comes to subs?

Oh funny story. It has always been slightly annoying to me when kids call me "Mrs. J" because I'm not married, but I figure it's not their fault if they accidentally mix Ms and Mrs up, especially since most teachers are Mrs and so it's confusing to them.
I'm chagrined to report that I've referred to myself as "Mrs. J" multiple times this week on accident. I have no idea why my brain is processing it that way, but it sure isn't helping reinforce to the kids my official title.

Oh well. Whatever. If they stay out of drama trouble, I guess they can call me Mrs. J if they want to.

Love those kids. So fun! - Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment