Tuesday, October 15, 2013

No bad days...?

I wish I could say that I am such a positive person that days like today wouldn't be so frustrating to me. Unfortunately, I am human (at least that's what my birth certificate says), and days like today really get me upset. 

When kids blatantly disregard directions, encourage others to do the wrong thing, and have no respect for authority, it makes me mad. Probably because they influence others to make bad choices, with no regard for the consequences. I've met 5th graders at the end of the school year with this attitude, but it's always a little concerning when a young student displays this attitude so early in the school year. 

I just got my contract today, and (I'll be honest), the first thought that crossed my mind was, "if I don't sign it, I can quit tomorrow." 

I'm just glad I am surrounded by such a supportive staff, a great principal, and my wonderful family. 

I'm still tired of writing referrals, though. 

- exhausted and in need of chocolate (send it to my classroom by the truckload, please), Ms. J

No comments:

Post a Comment