Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Music, 3/6

So I was called at 7:45 yesterday to sub for a music teacher. School starts at 8:30 and I barely made it as the bell rang. My first class was at 8:40, and this was the first time I have ever subbed where there were no plans of any kind, and no time to figure out what to do.

I know lots of the kids at that school, and I taught some of their siblings in sixth grade last year. It was fun to see all of them - even if it was a crazy day!

I asked one of the kids "hows your brother doing?" (taught his older brother last year in sixth grade)
this 3rd grader's response? "He's failing."
"WHAT?"
"Yeah, he's getting Bs" (love it)

I still have a headache from the first grade classes where I made the mistake of letting them play with the cowbells and cymbals...

I got one of the best compliments ever yesterday! A third grader asked me "Ms. J, are you going to teach fourth grade next year??" aww.....

-Ms. J

1 comment:

  1. This must be an example of what it means when it says: "be instant in season, out of season" or something like that. I love your blog, Jedidah, and check for it every day.

    ReplyDelete