Saturday, September 22, 2012

3rd, 9/19

I got a very important call! It was to sub for the teacher who has half of my class from last year! My babies! (ok, not babies, really, as they are now 3rd graders)

So I got to spend time with some awesome 3rd graders! They are really sweet kids, and have grown up a lot over the summer. I was extremely impressed with how they handled themselves in the absence of their teacher. It makes me very happy - and to think I helped with that a little! This class was completely different than the class I took over in May - polar opposites, in fact. So stinking' proud of them.

And they were happy to see me, too! I am definitely close to my quota of hugs for the week! I could hear my students telling their classmates (the ones who were not in my class last year) "she was OUR teacher last year!" awwww!

Of course, subbing for former students is a funny thing, and very unique. I didn't have to spend time establishing ground rules, or explaining my expectations- they already knew them. And at one point, I looked at a kid who was being disruptive, and just asked, "Do I need to email your mom?"

Ha! What other sub can do that????

-Ms. J

No comments:

Post a Comment