Tuesday, October 2, 2012

6th, 9/27

I love subbing for sixth grade at the middle school level.

1st reason: one lesson, five periods. I literally teach the same thing five times. Nice and simple.

2nd reason: I get to see the kids I subbed for last year at the same middle school. They are all so tall now! And they came and gave me big hugs - it was so nice to see them!

3rd reason: I love sixth graders. They crack me up. I never know what they are going to do.

Case in point.

At each table group there is a bin for red correcting pens. A student took one of the red pens apart, and was doodling with it during whole group time. Then he got frustrated because it wasn't writing, so he proceeded to blow the ink out of the pen onto his notebook (and consequently his desk, pencil and hands). Then he broke the pen and threw it across the room.

All of this was done and I didn't notice. I'm amazed I didn't see any of this.

Anyway, I walked back there and saw what was going on. At this point he had red ink all over his hands. I looked at him and inside my head was thinking "I honestly have no idea what to do or say about this."
So you know what I said?

"Well, I guess I caught you red-handed."

Sixth graders. Gotta love 'em.

-Ms. J

No comments:

Post a Comment