Saturday, February 9, 2013

3rd, 2/8

Boy, do subs just LOVE showing up and finding out about drills (fire, earthquake, and otherwise)!!! It totally makes our day!

Ok, maybe that was slightly sarcastic. But I have managed to catch all kinds of "out of the ordinary" things like that. Take, for instance, today. My first-ever lockdown drill.

For reals, first-ever. I've never been in one - not as a teacher or as a student. Well, today I got a crash course in lockdown!

Thankfully the kids were good, and took it seriously enough to be quiet for the 15 minutes (yes 15!!) we were in lockdown.

Of course, afterward, the kids were pointing out all the security breaches they noticed during the drill (they're pretty smart). Stuff like "Ms. J, if someone got a stepladder they could look in the top windows!" And my all-time favorite: "Ms. J, if someone climbed up to the second floor outside on the wall, they could look through that little space at the bottom of the blinds."

I love what-ifs!

Not.

At least I know what to do in a lockdown drill now! As they say, you learn something new every day!

-Ms. J

No comments:

Post a Comment