Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rubber Feet

I was reminded of this story today in church. Last month, while I was still teaching 5th grade, they had a "Health and Safety" day. Essentially, people from the community (firefighters, police officers, nurses, etc) came and taught the kids about health and safety.

Our last presentation of the day was the man from PGE (Portland General Electric). He was teaching the kids to be safe with electricity. Someone asked why birds do not get shocked when sitting on a power line. He said it was because they have to touch two lines at the same time to get shocked. One of my students raised their hand and said,

"Really??? I thought it was because they have rubber feet!"

-Ms. J

No comments:

Post a Comment