Tuesday, April 23, 2013

4/22-4/23

Sorry, forgot to post about yesterday! So here is a jumble of yesterday and today. I had 3rd grade yesterday, and 4th and 5th grade today.

It's a beautiful week out here, so yesterday I (bribed) told the kids they could have extra recess if they finished their work. Well, as we were getting ready to head outside, the kids started freaking out, "Ms. J! There's a goose outside our door!"
Sure enough, a big, fat Canada goose was sitting right outside our door. Now if there's one thing I'm scared of, it's very large birds. It took us about 5 minutes to get that bird away from our door so we could go play!

Today, those fifth graders cracked me up. One kid told me, "Ms. J, you couldn't be a mean teacher ever. You just can't do it." I told him I was gonna go practice some more.

Another kid noticed my ponytail. "Ms. J, are you the princess from 'Tangled'?" Uh, no.

So that brought the length of my hair into conversation (these kids will do anything to avoid schoolwork haha!). One boy says, "you do have really long hair." And another boy pipes up and says, "I like it!" Then he got so embarrassed - he couldn't believe he had just complimented the teacher on her hair! It was so adorable.

Aww, I've had such nice kids these last couple weeks - I'm wondering when the naughty kids will start showing up...

Always the optimist,
Ms. J, the "Tangled" impersonator

No comments:

Post a Comment