Friday, September 27, 2013

It's hard sometimes...

Teaching can be so hard for ones heart. I work with such disadvantaged kids, and they need so much love and attention and support. I have a couple boys that beg to hold my hand every time we walk in a line. A girl that needs constant affirmation or she starts being naughty. A little one who has a rough home life and draws pictures of me constantly. 

Being a teacher is hard. For a lot of kids, I'm the only stable adult in their lives; the one responsible for giving them the tools they need to succeed in life; the only one that shows them positive attention; the only female figure in their life. 

I try to do my best to be positive and loving. And then, I try hard not to think about what these kids go home to... Or if they have a home to go to at all... 

I can only do so much. I didn't think it was possible to care this much about children that aren't related to me. 

1 comment: